We Are A Non-Profit Organization That Provides:
Christmas Gifts: We provide Christmas gifts for approximately 250 families every year. We give each child two items of clothing and one toy, as well as art supplies.
Back-to-School: We provide assistance for back-to-school clothes for families with school age children living in the Baraboo School District.
Holiday Food Bags: We provide Holiday dinners for families in need of assistance for Easter, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.
Emergency Needs: We provide assistance to families who are facing difficult and unforeseen circumstances who need short-term help, usually in the form of food, gas, or household items.
The Sauk County Children's Giving Tree is a tax-exempt organization that was established in 1985. It began as a project to provide Christmas gifts for a small group of teen parents and their young children.
Over the years, the organization has grown from helping just a handful of children to aiding more than 675 children and 250 families at Christmas. The Giving Tree has expanded from helping children at Christmas, to assisting families year round.
HOW TO HELP
- » Make a donation to the Sauk County Children's Giving Tree. Mail checks (payable to SCCGT) to PO Box 70, Baraboo, WI 53913.
- » Select a tag from one of the many Christmas Giving Trees in the area and purchase the suggested gift for a child. Churches, banks, local businesses and service organizations have Christmas Giving Trees on display in November.
- » Sponsor a monthly food bag ($30) for an area family. This includes a bag of food (nonperishables) and a $10 gift card (for perishables).
- » Attend our Annual Golf Outing in July to support our Back-to-School Project.
- » Donate your time to help organize or deliver the holiday gifts or food boxes.